If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (918) 888-3858

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Commercial Property Insurance: All You Need to Know

10/13/2022 (Permalink)

Business Interruption Insurance Application Form Business interruption insurance is another part of commercial property insurance coverage that can be valuable to your business.

Commercial Property Insurance: All You Need to Know

A commercial property insurance policy is designed to help protect your business from the risk of damage and destruction. There are many factors to consider when it comes to protecting your investment, but there is one aspect that can be especially tricky: determining how much coverage you need. The best way to determine what type of coverage is right for you is by learning more about what each type covers. 

Let's take a look at the basics of commercial property insurance policies so that you can make an informed decision about what's best for your company's needs.

Property Coverage

The property coverage section of your policy will cover the cost of rebuilding or repairing your property if it is damaged in a covered loss. In addition to covering the physical damage, it also covers some types of losses that occur from theft and vandalism. For example, if someone breaks into your home and steals your jewelry collection, this coverage would reimburse you for those items' value.

Business Interruption Insurance

Business interruption insurance is another part of commercial property insurance coverage that can be valuable to your business. If, for instance, a covered loss causes you to lose income due to the inability to operate, business interruption insurance will pay you that lost income. This type of coverage is usually limited in length, however; it's often provided in weekly installments with a maximum duration of 30 days or less.

The amount paid per week varies depending on how much you have insured and what kind of policy limits are chosen (the higher these limits are set, the more expensive your premiums will be). Some policies also include the option to extend this period up until one year after the date when normal operations were resumed (or when repairs are complete if they took longer than expected).

Liability Insurance

Liability insurance covers you if you are sued for something that happened on your property. This can include slips and falls, property damage, or injuries. Liability insurance will also cover the cost of any legal fees incurred in defending you.

Workers' Compensation

Workers' compensation insurance is designed to protect you from any employee injury or death. It also covers medical expenses and lost wages if an employee becomes disabled, as well as death benefits for the family of a deceased worker.

Directors & Officers Liability Insurance

Directors and officers (D&O) insurance covers legal expenses and damages that you may be held liable for as a director or officer of your company. D&O insurance applies to directors, officers, officeholders, and managers who are responsible for the management of an organization. It also covers their spouses if they’re directly involved in running the business. If you’re a director or manager of a company, no matter how large or small it is, then D&O insurance may be beneficial to you. It can protect against any losses arising from disputes over breaches of duty by directors/officers through mismanagement or negligence (for example, breach of fiduciary duties).

When you have a disaster in your business, SERVPRO of Rogers County is here to help get you covered in any way we can. We work closely with your insurance to make sure your Claremore, OK business is back to normal quickly. 

Other News

View Recent Posts